Results from Event #35, 16th January 2021
Well done to all of today's runners, many of whom braved harsher conditions than normal. This included the Flurry from Surrey, the wading of puddles, ponds or lakes, frozen backsides, Canadian ice balls and dirty Vinnie Jones tackling.
This made the the total of 225 runners particularly impressive, especially when some of the more frequently used phrases involved "staying in bed".
Of the 225, we saw 18 PB's and 15 first timers. We had representations from 44 different running clubs, 4 of which are new additions to the Fly family:
City of Plymouth Athletic Club
Your Town Runners
We also have a number of milestones, a big well done and virtual high 5 to the following:
30 Fly 5ks
20 Fly 5ks
10 Fly 5ks
Before we get to the results, a special well done to Paul WHEAR of Cornwall AC for setting a new age grade record (VM50-54) running 17:05, beating his own previous time by 9 seconds
The podium winners today were:
1) Sally ONN, Blagnac Sporting Club Athlétisme (18:52)
2) Lucy JONES, St Albans Striders (20:08)
3) Morgan CAMPBELL, Havering AC (20:14)
1) Will BOWRAN, St Albans AC (16:16)
2) Paul WHEAR, Cornwall AC (17:05)
3) Peter COLE, Edmonton Running Club (17:08)
1) Paul WHEAR, Cornwall AC (88.39%)
2) Tony WRIGHT, Cornwall AC (87.54%)
3) Claudine BENSTEAD, Okehampton RC (85.24%)
Again a huge well done to everyone today, if you could get out today, you can get out in all weathers! Hope to see you next week for some more Fly 5K action. Please see attached results:
Also at www.runfly5k.com/latest-results (best viewd on a desktop or laptop).
Team results from today's 10th inter-club competition which ran alongside Fly 5k #35 are here:
Report by Rob Trevor.