Results from Event #61, 17th July 2021
The HOT one.
The common theme this morning was the heat. The cleverest people got out early. And ran slowly. In the shade.
It was lovely to see Colin Braybrook back in action.
Sarah McGrath got an amazing new PB, a new age category record, first female, and second place overall.
Several parkrun courses were tested ahead of their return next Saturday.
A few of us got to meet our resident superheroes Mike Bullock and Susan Mansfield.
Graham Smith was taking photos and cheering us on as always.
Wherever and whenever you got out. Really fab stuff. And thank you for sharing your routes, times and photos with us.
There were 180 of you today, 2 first timers, 7 Fly 5k PBs, and 38 different clubs taking part.
Congratulations on their Fly 5k 50ths - Julie Horrocks and Tony Thomson.
Full results available on the Fly 5k website.
Podium results as follows:
1) Peter COLE, Edmonton Running Club (16:02)
2) Paul GUY, Garden City Runners (18:47)
3) Justin JAMES, Saffron Striders (19:57)
1) Sarah McGRATH, St Albans AC (18:25)
2) Hannah TURNER, Harpenden Arrows (19:34)
3) Joanna PARKER, Unattached (19:35)
1) Joanna PARKER, Unattached (85.28%)
2) Peter COLE, Edmonton Running Club (84.93%)
3) Zelah MORRALL, Cornwall AC (83.93%)
Enjoy your sunny evenings, iced drinks, and see you again next week.
Report by Kate Dixon.