Results from Event #69, 4th September 2021
Good evening guys, here's the results from Fly 5k event number #69:
We had 147 run, walk or jog a 5k today, with Paula Heyes joining for the 1st time. 38 different running clubs were involved in today's event with 14 people running fly 5k PBs (a few of which were lifetime PBs) very well done to you all and hope you've been buzzing in that PB after glow all day.
Others included fly 5k as part of a longer run, many in combination with parkrun but whichever way you did it hopefully you enjoyed it or enjoyed the feeling after if you were pushing the whole way.
Congratulations to Jim Brown who achieved his 50th fly 5k today!
Also congratulations to Paula Cornelius, Simon Harrison, Timea Erdos and Daniela Petrianni who all ran their 30th fly 5k, then to Michael Over and Angela Goodwin for hitting their 20th fly 5k.
The podium results for today are:
1) Jim KING, St Albans Striders (17:16)
2) Stuart NICHOLAS, Bournemouth AC (17:23)
3) Tom HOWELL, Mile High Run Club (18:19)
1) Joanna PARKER, Unattached (20:22)
2) Kate DIXON, St Albans Striders (21:27)
3) Clare WATKINS, St Albans Striders (21:29)
1) Jim KING, St Albans Striders (84.75%)
2) Joanna PARKER, Unattached (82.00%)
3) Andy HOLT, Garden City Runners (81.30%)
Huge well done to you also well done to everyone who took part today and hopefully many of you can join in again next week.